Saturday, February 24, 2018

2/18/2018 Berger Bar's Bacon Mushroom Burger


Today we tried the Berger Bar in Toledo. The name caught my eye as it is my family on my mom's side last name. It truly is a bar. The smell of beer smacks you in the face when you walk in to the establishment.

The menu is on a single price of paper, but there were 6 or 7 specialty burgers on the list, including one that you can pick your own toppings.

I chose to try the bacon mushroom Swiss melt. I was not dissappoint. One thing that usually drives me nuts is if I order this type of burger, I usually can't tell the cheese is Swiss, or even on the paper. This burger had a great balance of toppings. The mushrooms were sauteed but reminded me of mushrooms that should be  on a pizza and nor a burger. There was 3 strips of bacon on the 1/2 pound Angus burger. They were crispy, but still had a nice chewiness to them. There was not a condiment on the sandwich, and I would have appreciated a little more moisture and mess in the burger.

The burger itself needed more salt and other seasonings. It had an average flavor, but you could tell it was fresh hamburger that was formed into 1/2 pound patties at the bar.
The bun was so soft and made me wonder if it was also made in-house. They didn't advertise it if they did make them in-house. I also am not sure if the bread was white or sour dough. Either way it complimented the burger.

Bun 6
Toppings 7
Burger 6
Overall 6

Kristina
Kristina@rateaburger.com

No comments:

Post a Comment