Saturday, June 16, 2018

6-14-2018 Al & Zoe's Fat Boyz cheeseburger


A Thursday afternoon in downtown Toledo is fun! They set up Levis Square with a band, games, and a lot of food trucks. I was excited to see more food trucks then are typically around on a Tuesday at Promenade Park. I found a new truck to try. With a name like Fat Boyz, it's got to be good, right?

The burger came out and I took a big bite expecting to be biting into a food truck burger. The bun surprised me. It was an average store bun. I could have gotten past the bun if it wasn't hard. It probably really was a little stale as it had no sign of being toasted.

The burger was a nice, grilled, thin Patty. Unfortunately, I don't think they added any seasoning to the meat. It almost tasted like a meatloaf that needed gravy and thrown over top of mashed potatoes.

The toppings were nice quality. The lettuce was crisp, and my tomato was juicy and red. The cheddar cheese was melted nicely. The mayo was a nice thick layer.

Overall, this burger was mediocre. If you stop by the food truck I recommend the mozzarella sticks. They were delicious.

Bun: 3
Toppings:5
Burger:2

Overall: 3

-Kristina
Kristina@rateaburger.com

Want to be featured? Write a guest review and email it to reviews@rateaburger.com

No comments:

Post a Comment