Sunday, June 10, 2018

6-8-2018 Dark Horse's Rail Splitter


Nick was working late tonight which meant I got out of cooking. We decided to grab burgers from Dark Horse tonight.

Dark Horse is, what I consider, an under rated restaurant in Findlay. It's prices are fair and it's food solid. Thy are most known for their prime rib. I ordered a Rail Splitter Burger. It is an open face sandwich covered in fries, chili, and cheese.

I appreciated that the bun was toasted and buttery. If the bun has not been nicely toasted. I don't think this sandwich would have worked at all.  The buttery flavor of the bun added something special to the burger. Something was, however, over salted, and I could not tell is it was the bun or chilli. The bun cut fairly easily after having set for a minute.

The toppings in this burger were almost overwhelming. There is such a thing as too many chili cheese fries. Dark horse flirted with the line, tonight. The fries were salty and crispy. The chilli was sweet and chunky. The mild cheddar cheese over the top of everything was lost. Most bites I did not realize if there was cheese in it.

The burger was slightly lost in the toppings. It was a nicely pressed patty. The Patty was modestly seasoned. This helped to balance the whole plate well. The burger meat was a very nice quality. It was juicy and not greasy. This burger is defiantly a comfort food. 

Toppings: 6
Bun:6
Burger:5

Overall:6

Want to write a review for your favorite burger joint? Email reviews@rateaburger.com to be a featured writer.
-Kristina
Krisrina@rateaburger.com

No comments:

Post a Comment