Today was a "I don't feel like cooking" Friday, so we took off to Findlay to go get burgers. We stopped at the Findlay Brewery because we heard their burgers were fantastic.
I ordered the Mushroom Swiss Burger. This is on a rotation at the restaurant, so it is not available every month. This is quite a shame because I really enjoyed the burger.
The bun was excellent. You could have eaten by itself. My burger was so juicy that it did a great job of soaking in all of juice to make the bread that much more flavorful.
The toppings were not spared. Some restaurants only put a few mushroom slices on and then you don't taste mushrooms throughout the burger. This was not the case with the Findlay Brewery. There was a good 1/4-1/2 inch of mushrooms slices across the entire burger. The Swiss cheese was plenty and able to keep the majority of the mushrooms in the burger. I am positive there was a sauce or mayonnaise on the burger, which added some great flavor, however, I won't comment on it more than this because the burger is not listed on the menu and I don't want to incorrectly guess what was the condiment.
This was a premium patty. It was full of flavor, seasoned well, and juicy. My burger was cooked to a perfect medium. This is a burger you need to hold with both hands. I liked how the patty kept it's form on the bun, but was tender and required minimal chewing in your mouth.
I am saddened that this burger is only occasionally available as it is one of the best mushroom and Swiss burgers I have ever eaten.
Bun: 8
Toppings: 9
Patty: 9
Overall: 9
-Kristina
Kristina@rateaburger.com
Submit a guest review to reviews@rateaburger.com

No comments:
Post a Comment